• Check that the course you wish to transfer onto accepts transfers - you can do that here.
  • Speak to your personal tutor for advice, the Course Director of the course you are currently studying and Course Director of the course you wish to study - you need the agreement of both Course Directors.
  • Speak to the Funding and Financial Support team to discuss whether there are any financial implications of transferring course.
  • If you are an International student, speak to the Visa and Immigration team to discuss any visa implications of transferring course.
  • Complete the Request to Transfer Taught Course Form. Make sure all sections are fully completed and signed off by the relevant staff as required. 

Additional information regarding transferring course can be found here

You can also contact the Support and Wellbeing Service for additional support.

PGR students:

If you are a postgraduate research student looking to transfer course, please speak to your supervisor regarding your transfer in the first instance. 

You may wish to transfer your studies. This might be an outcome of your progression review to transfer to another degree (e.g., from MPhil to PhD), or you may choose to transfer a mode of study (e.g., from full-time to part-time), or it might be a result of changing your project. In all of those instances, you need to complete a transfer form, which is available here. Please note that transfer of programme may result in a change to the tuition fee due. 

Normally transfers to part-time study cannot be approved in the last six months of registered study, except under exceptional circumstances. 

If you are changing project you may need to withdraw and re-apply. In any case, please speak to your supervisor regarding the transfer in the first instance.