There are a number of steps that you need to undertake. Here is a summary to follow:

Speak to your School, ideally your Personal Tutor, about the possibility of interrupting, transferring or withdrawing from your studies.  They will advise on the possibilities open to you, as well as any potential implications.  They will also be able to advise as to the timing and time limits of interruptions.

Fill in the relevant form which can be found on our Student Services webpage.  Consult the Quality Manual if you want to know more about the regulations around course transfer, interruption or withdrawal.

Withdrawal forms do not require a School signature.

If you are looking to interrupt or transfer, please get your School to sign the form.  They are able to complete this electronically if you are away from campus.   Your School will decide whether to approve your request.

In the case of international students the Visa and Immigration team will also need to review your form.

Contact the Funding and Financial Support team to discuss the funding implications of your interruption or withdrawal, especially in relation to Student Loans, Company Maintenance Loans or Tuition Fee Loans.  For more information visit the Financial Support talk to us webpage.  

Return your form to the relevant Faculty email address listed, or to one of our Service Centres

You will receive an email confirmation when your request has been processed.