Local authorities will provide an exemption of council tax for a maximum period of 4 years to full-time students. If you are a part-time student, please check with your local council.

Registering in your thesis pending period may allow you to be exempt from Council Tax. You should always check with your individual Council as to their exemptions.

For further information, please see the webpage here.