To request an update to the gender on your student record, you’ll need to complete the name/gender update request form. As part of the form, you’ll be asked to provide evidence that supports the update being requested.

Once you’ve submitted your form, please visit any of our student service centres with the original copy of your evidence so we can verify the details and process this for you.

If you identify as trans or gender non-conforming, you can request for your gender to be updated without needing to provide evidence, in line with section 6 of our guidance document. When you complete the name/gender update request form, you’ll be asked if you identify as trans or gender non-conforming. If you answer ‘yes’ to this question, your request will be passed to the Associate Director of Student and Campus Life for review, and we’ll let you know when we have received approval to update your details on NottinghamHub.

For more information, visit our ‘Updating your personal details’ webpage.