Whilst you are a full-time student at the university you may not need to pay council tax.  

The university automatically reports your registration status to seven local authorities in the area.  Students living in university halls of residence are automatically exempt from paying council tax and do not need a letter to confirm their status. Please ensure your term time address is entered correctly in NottinghamHub.

Details of how to obtain a council tax exemption letter including whether you need a document from the university can be found here at our Official Documents and Letters webpage.