While you are a full-time registered student at the University of Nottingham, you do not need to pay council tax.

The university sends a list of exempt students to local councils so you will not need to inform them that you are a student. However, if you do not live in the local area, you will have to request a council tax exemption certificate.

To find out if you qualify for automatic exemption, or to request the document, please visit the Official Documents webpage.